Tuesday, February 15, 2011

BREAKING POINT

Lit me just start off by saying this is gonna be a tough blog so if you dont wanna hear my wineing feel free not to read this one.

Yes today was my breaking point. Literally. Here are my reasons.

1.The really hard test (that I talked about in my previously blog)
2.I am super sick and its not getting better. The worse part is this cough... it wakes me up at night so...
3.Woke up really really tired today.
4.My AIS teachers also said they are going to over compansate in the other tests because we all did so poorly.
5.I have a group project in AIS and i found out that 2 of my group mates(there is only 4 people in the group including me) dropped out of the class. When I asked my teacher what I can do he said "lets wait and see if some others drop out and ill probably put you in that group" which stresses me out because he told us to start researching so all the information is not gone and we can get articles from other libraries if we need it... so Im sutck waiting to see what happens.
6.I have a test on tuesday, with an essay that i will get on friday and it will be due on tuesday with the test. Today I went in before class and asked if there was any way I could get it early so I could get the essay done before I went home, but he said that he couldnt get it online until thursday night... um really? and then he said the best he could do was to let me turn it in a day late... well I guess thats better than nothing.
7.I got seriously pounded on in water polo today. got swam over, hit over and over and over again in the same part of my arm when someone wanted the ball that I had, and got kicked a few times in the stomach. When i got out I just sat in the locker room in my suit for 20 min before getting the energy to get dressed...
8.When I got out to my car i had a PARKING TICKET. For "not having a parking pass" which was total bs because I HAVE ONE!!!! So I went to the parking office, took my parking pass in with me and here is how it played out... walked in and put my parking ticket and my parking pass down on the counter and said "I got this(ticket), I have this(parking pass)" and thats all I could really say at that point. She had me fill out a paper to apeal the ticket and I gave it to her and she was confident that i would get it appealed with no problem because they would give them prouf that I have a pass. I left feeling a little better until...
9.IN THE 5 MIN I WAS FILLING OUT THAT PAPER I GOT ANOTHER PARKING TICKET. because i took my pass into the office with me...This was my breaking point. I grabbed the new ticket off my window, put my pass in my window, walked back into the office and almost threw the ticket at the lady and said "Here you can just have this back" and burst into tears. poor girl. she had me fill out another paper and wrote on it that she saw that I had my pass in the office with me. gah! At this point I got back to my car, broke down sobbing again, called luis and poor guy had to talk to me like that... until I called Grandma and she made me feel better.

And here is where my day started to turn around.

After I calmed down a bit, I went to the Library to try and get some work done. I had just gotten there and got my computer all set up when I remembered I had to go meet with my advisor to get the hold off my acount so I can sign up for my classes and sign up for what room I want next year... so back out to my car again (no ticket this time thank the Lord) and I was off to Hertz hall to meet with Lisa. I walked in and the first thing she asked me was "How are you doing?" bless her heart, Im sure she wasnt ready for my answer but she wanted to hear it so I told her. Everything. Well a long story short she said I had way too much on my plate withall my classes and my sickness... she told me she thought I should drop the class that was making me "bleed" the most, that was causing me the most pain. after talking to her for about 30 min we decided that that was my Latino & Latin American Studies class, and she told me to take the next couple days to think about dropping that class. She told me it wont hurt me because I am not currently getting financial aid. I thought about it for about 30 sec and realized that thats what needed to happen. She went on saying that I shouldnt feel bad about it and it doesnt mean I failed, its smarter to take a withdraw than take a Fail and screw up my Gpa. So I did it. I dropped the class. and i feel so much better. like im not going to fail all my classes now. I feel like I have a handle on my life. In no way do i feel like I have failed. I feel like I took control of my life.

So all in all I feel better now. When I woke up today I had no idea that I would End up doing all the things I would today... but in the end im still alive and thats all that really matters.

PEACE&LOVE

No comments:

Post a Comment